Hi, my name is Matt Owen. This website, Jaruzel.com, is my personal website because in some quarters I am also known as Jaruzel (and have been for many years), but I do not use that on social media (due to its toxic nature), so if you see a 'Jaruzel' in those places, it's not me.
My preferred pronouns are He/Him [not that it, a) matters, or b) is anyone's business...].
I work in IT as an Enterprise Architect, specialising in Identity and Access Management but I am known to design the odd Enterprise-level Active Directory environment. Outside of work, I have interests in (but not limited to):
- .NET Coding for fun and profit.
- Retro hardware, especially the Amiga line of computers.
- Legacy internet protocols, such as Gopher and NNTP.
- Home Cinema; the building and design, and ultimately the enjoyment of.
- Woodworking; Although I don't do this nearly enough.
- Hardware hacking, such as building things out of other things that do things.
About this Site
This site is hand-cranked using a mixture of basic HTML for the page content and page templates and PHP for the rendering and layout. It's deliberately kept fairly simple in style, so I am free to focus on just adding content. The blog section of this site is a custom MetaWebLog engine that I've written, that allows me to post directly from Microsoft Word (betcha didn't know that was possible, huh?). This workflow is suited to me, as I spend my working life using Microsoft Office.
Content wise, I'll put up anything that I think is interesting to me, my rants and raves, and general stuff that no-one else seems to care about.
The best way to get hold of me is via a DM on Twitter, or you could try emailing me at.